About Flight Data Systems
Commencing operations in 1990 in Melbourne, Australia, Flight Data Systems Pty. Ltd. (FDS) is a specialist company providing aviation products & services to over 250 commercial and military customers worldwide.
These products and services include:
- Design & manufacture products for ground support equipment and airborne components
- Printed electronic circuit board design, assembly & testing
- Product sales and services for GSE, flight recorders and UAVs
- Flight Data Monitoring (FDM)/Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) services
- Flight Recorder Services & Readouts – Data & Voice
- Component / Instrument maintenance repair and overhaul
- Laser guided Munitions sales and services
- Quality and Logistics Management Services
FDS operates from a new, well equipped modern facility based in Melbourne. The facility incorporates;
- Fully equipped environmental lab, SMT and avionics production lines and instrument work shop;
- Office facilities incorporating training facilities;
- Secure FDM, FDR and CVR readout Analysis area;
- Secure Sever Room housing Company and FDM Service Servers; and
- Warehouse facility provides for additional storage and manufacturing capacity.
Flight Data Monitoring Services for both military and airlines customers are performed from a new, highly secure flight data analysis. The location of the new facility is in close proximity to Melbourne Airport and the CBD via freeway access.
FDS has evolved and continued to invest in the latest technology for operations, testing and repair, as well as the design and development of our product range. FDS will continue to provide quality products of recognized innovative design and leading services that meet our customers’ needs and exceed their expectations.