FDAIU - Flight Data Acquisition Interface Unit
The FDAIU has been developed by Flight Data Systems to replace the current ARINC 542A Flight Data Recorder. It is a direct replacement to the original 542A Flight data recorder setup to fit a modern L3 Short case SSFDR or CVFDR and eliminates the need to make any aircraft modifications.
The FDAIU can be expanded to include optional ARINC 429 and/or analogue inputs, thereby increasing the number of aircraft parameters that can be recorded.
- Interfaces analogue ARINC 542A FDR installations with new generation ARINC 717 SSFDR or CVFDR mounted within the same physical envelope as the original FDR
- Total weight saving of up to 12lbs (including the recorder).
- Supports Pitot Static Pneumatic inputs for altitude and airspeed.
- Internally generated real time clock able to provide a GMT reference.
- Optional ARINC 429 inputs (8 channels) to increase aircraft parameters recorded on the new SSFDR or CVDR.
- Optional expansion to include ARINC 429 and/or analogue inputs.
- Optional audio inputs for use with a CVFDR.
- Variant options available to mount most types of FDRs & CVFDRs.
Advantages of the FDAIU 542A:
- The FDAIU-542A solution provides an interface between analogue ARINC 542A aircraft FDR installations and the new FDR or CVDR.
- Provides a direct replacement to install a new FDR or CVFDR system that retains the same physical setup as the original ARINC 542A recorder
- No upgrade required (due to obsolesce) to replace the ARINC 542A FDR with the installation of two separate digital systems i.e. FDAU and FDR to replace the single ARINC 542A FDR thus eliminating change or modification to the aircraft and save additional costs to the operator.
- The FDAIU-542A supplies the replacement FDR with a digital ARINC 717 input.
|RTCA DO-160||Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment|
|RTCA DO-178B Level D||Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification|
|RTCA DO-254 Level D||Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware|
|Power||115VAC or 28VDC|
|Dimensions||H-7.62 inches x W-4.88 inches x D-19.56 inches|
|Weight||6.6lbs (without flight recorder)|